Saturday, September 23, 2006

Brugge, Belgium

So, yesterday I went to Belgium. I was supposed to go meet Erin in Nice, but the train times didn't work in my favour and I didn't get home in enought time to make it.

So I settled for Brugge: Belgian chocolate, waffles, canals, architecture, beer, museums, etc. Awww. Haha.















Ana, one of my roommates, and I left in the morning at 7:30 and arrived around 10. We stumbled onto an exhibition by Salvador Dali, one of my favorite artists. (Made famous by his melting clocks for those of you who have no idea of who I speak- Dalian time, etc).




















We had lunch in a cute little Belgian restaurant overlooking the town square, "grand place".















We then took a canal ride around the city by tour boat.




































... and of course could not leave without tasting some Belgian waffles...mmmm....




















... and checking out Michelangelo's Madonna and Child.











So that was my second big trip (besides small day trips to Lille to look for comfortable travel shoes). I'm planning two future trips to (possibly) Amsterdam and Barcelona for the 2/3 and 9/10th of October - looks promising.

This coming Wednesday I leave for Geneva, Switzerland.

More to come,

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home